Collagen support products discovered
Because of the path blazed by the original pentapeptides, other types of pentapeptide technology have now come out such as palmitoyl pentapeptide and acetyl hexapeptide or commonly known as argireline. These new compounds can actually mimic both a wrinkle-filling and Botox injection combined with using the best firming face cream.
Actually, Botox works by destroying a protein involved in the release of a neurotransmitter that would otherwise keep a muscle tense, allowing a wrinkle to form. By stopping the tensing motion and relaxing the muscle, the wrinkle seems to disappear. Unfortunately, these proteins are needed with the peptides to help produce more collagen for the skin.
Aside from the more conventional moisturizing and anti-aging ingredients mentioned above, anti-aging creams usually contain additional anti-aging ingredients in support such as:
- Retinol such as Retinyl Palmitate. In various formulations it has been shown to reduce fine lines and pores.
- Epidermal growth factor is made of 53 amino acids to stimulate cell renewal and collagen production in the skin and strengthen elasticity and structure. In various researches epidermal growth factor has been shown to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. It also has healing and anti-inflammatory properties against wounds and burns when applied to skin.
- Fatty acids are often added and derived from naturally occurring substance such as sandalwood, barley, and Philodendron bark, which are designed to maintain skin moisture and seal in other moisturizing agents especially with the best anti-aging night cream products.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids help to dissolve the intracellular “glue” that holds dead cells on the skin. The use of this type of product on a daily basis gradually enhances the exfoliation of the epidermis. This exposes newer skin cells and can help improve appearance.
- Anti-oxidants are substances that may protect cells from the damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals.
- Sunscreens are highly recommended for all anti-aging hand cream and facial cream products because a high level of UVA protection is recommended as UVA radiation is associated with aging effects such as wrinkles.
- Vitamin C is one of the most effective and commonly included ingredients in wrinkle creams and is also known to help the healing process.
Naturally, the effects of all ingredients in anti-aging night cream and anti-aging topical cream products depends on their concentration and mode of application. Many skin care companies recommend using a treatment program that combines most ingredients. For example, AHAs can make the skin more vulnerable to damage from the sun, so the increased use of sunscreens is often recommended.
Lastly, always remember that collagen is the main factor.